Create a Test Conference
his article will outline how to create a test conference event. looking for Bevy Virtual, go here.
- Start by creating an event using the conference event type. If this isn’t enabled for you already, reach out to email@example.com to discuss.
- Hide your event. This will hide the event from your chapter page, and will prevent any email announcements, including automated emails, from being sent out to your community. Click here to learn more about Hidden Events
- Set the event start time to the current time. Under the Schedule & Agenda section, change the start time so that it reflects your current time and time zone, allowing you to access the conference right away. You can send it to end an hour or more later.
Note: Make sure to click Save and Publish once you are done filling out the event details.
- Once saved, you can fill out your test session details. You must click the Agenda tab at the top of the page to customize your conference agenda with Stage, Sessions, Booths, and Networking tables.
- All you need to start is a test stage, session, table, and booth. You don't need to add an elaborate agenda to get a preview for what it looks like.
- Visit the event page, register yourself, and then click the join button in the banner to start the Bevy Virtual Conference session and see what the conference will look like for attendees. You can send your event link to anyone helping you run a test event!
You can also test the conference using the Backstage link to see Presenter and Host views. Learn more about the Backstage here.