Screensharing in Bevy Virtual
- This article will explains best practices for screen sharing in Bevy and how to get the most out of your screen share experience.
- This article applies to both Bevy Virtual as well as Bevy Virtual Conference (Click here to see the differences)
Sharing your screen
- Click the Share screen button in the bottom menu bar. Don't see this option? You may not have Presenter Mode enabled. Make sure to allow your browser to access your microphone and camera as well.
- In the modal that appears on Google Chrome, choose which parts of your screen you would like to share:
- Your Entire Screen: This will allow you to share all windows and apps that are open on your machine
- Application Window: This will allow you to choose between the windows you have open on your machine
- Chrome tab: If you are using the Google Chrome browser, you will get the option to only share a specific tab
- Click Share to start sharing your screen
- Click Stop Sharing to end your screen share
Note: If you are using Safari, you will only get 1 modal to allow Bevy Virtual to share the whole screen.
Note: Only one person can screen share at one time.
Screen sharing/MacOS Permissions
If you're having trouble sharing your screen in Presenter Mode, you may need to tweak settings on a Mac computer. This is common for those that are using Bevy Virtual for the first time on a Mac computer.
- Click the Apple logo in the top left corner of your screen
- Select System Preferences
- Locate Security and Privacy
- Toggle the Privacy tab
- Scroll down to "Screen Recording" - enable this for your browser - Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- Quit your browser and reopen the session. You should then be able to screen share.
If you are playing a video with sound through screen share, ensure you are not using headphones. The audio will come from the microphone detecting sound out of your computer speakers.
Screen Share experience for attendees
When a presenter is sharing the screen, their screen will take up the Bevy Virtual window and the presenter will appear as a thumbnail in the top right corner.
When no one is speaking, the thumbnail will display the person who is sharing their screen. It will change in real time to show the person speaking.
How does screen sharing appear in my event recording?
In the recording, screenshare will appear as a picture in picture view. Read more about recording on Bevy Virtual here.
Best practices for screen sharing on Bevy Virtual
- When recording your event, be sure to start recording before you begin screen sharing to ensure the entire presentation is captured!
- Make sure your presenters have Presenter Mode enabled before their presentation begins, in order to ensure they are able to share their screen. Read more about the Presenter Mode here.
- It's always good to leave a buffer at the beginning and end of your recording so make sure you wait a few seconds before starting your talk or stopping the recording.