Create a Chapter
This article will outline the steps to create chapters. Typically, a chapter represents a city or specific location within your community but it can represent any category you’d like.
- Navigate to the Chapters tab on the left sidebar of the Admin Dashboard
- Click on New Chapter
- Under the General tab, configure the following fields:
- The location field will auto-fill all necessary fields. However, you may expand location details if you want to customize the following:
- Time Zone
You can highlight text in the About section to bring up the text editor, offering various text formatting tools. You can also drag and drop pictures
- Set the chapter status to Active. This is essential to ensure your chapter is live and counted as active in analytics.
- Inactive: Ensures only you and other logged in team members can view the page
- Active: Ensures your chapter is a live chapter
- Under the Active/Inactive bar there is an option to make your chapter Hidden
- This means that only people with the chapter URL will have access to the chapter and its events
- If you wish to just make a hidden event within a chapter, see instructions here
- Enter the Region of your chapter in the Lists section.
- Using Payments? Enter relevant information like currency and ticket revenue share (if using payouts) in the Payments section.
- Use External Ticketing: Ensures all events posted within this chapter use an external URL instead of RSVP on Bevy
- Finish up by adding a thumbnail and banner image, any featured content like photos and videos, and linking your chapter’s social profiles.
- Click Save.