This article outlines terms that are used in Bevy that may need further explanation to understand.
Dashboard: The organizer/admin view of your community/events platform
User: Standard person who signs up for an account on your community site
Attendees: Number of people who have a ticket to an event (registered) in the selected time range
- Unique Attendees: Unique ticket holders for the selected time range
- Manual Attendees: Number of people who came to an event without a ticket and were manually added at check-in. They are not included in the unique counts because manual attendees aren’t associated with an account
Check-in: Number of people who have attended an event in the selected time range
This is manually tracked for an in-person event but automatically tracked for any virtual event, including those hosted using Bevy Virtual or an External URL.
Read this article on Checking in Attendees to learn about manual check-ins and auto check-ins for virtual events.
Chapter: An independent group with a specific location
Chapter Status: Indicates whether or not your Chapter is live and counted towards analytics
- Active: Ensures your chapter is a live chapter
- Inactive: Ensures only you and other logged in team members can view the page
Read the Chapter Creation and Set Up article to learn more about changing your Chapter's status.
Chapter Member: A user who joins a chapter and receives newsletters, announcements, and attends events
Chapter Team: A set of users who manage a chapter - organizer, check-in staff, etc.
Chapter Team Permissions:
- Administrator: This is a Chapter Leader or HQ Administrator
- Inactive: This user is inactive/banned and will not be able to login or sign up for an account
- Prospective User: This user does not have an active account yet
- User: This user has standard permissions on the site
Event: A one-time occasion that is in-person or virtual, that takes place within a chapter and is catering to a specific group of attendees that are in that chapter