The following article includes frequently asked questions about Forms in Bevy. Forms reference both a pre-order, post-event, and post-event team form. Learn how to manage Forms in Bevy here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are fields set as required by default?
What types of fields are available to use?
- Short answer
- This field type is best for one word/one line responses.
- “What is your favorite color?”
- This field type is best for longer answers.
- “What would you change about the event check-in process?”
- For email addresses.
- For numeric answer types.
- “How many events have you attended this month?”
- For validating a website link
- “What is your company website?”
- For opting in/checking an option.
- “Check here if this was your first event.”
- Best for scale questions, yes/no questions, etc.
- “How satisfied were you with the food/beverages at this event?
- 1 (Least Satisfied)
- 5 (Most Satisfied)”
- “Have you attended this chapter’s meetings before?
- Multiple checkboxes
- This is best for selecting multiple options in a multiple choice format.
- “What kinds of emails do you subscribe to?
- Social media
- Best for choosing one option from a list of options
- “How did you hear about us?
- Google search
- Know someone at the company
- Multiple choice
- This is best suited for selecting various options in line.
- Text Snippet
- Text Snippets enable you to input a piece text at the top, bottom, or anywhere in between your form fields — both on the pre-order form and post-event survey.
- ctrl + ` marks code
- ctrl + i makes italic
- ctrl + ~ adds strikethrough
- ctrl + u underlines
- ctrl + b makes bold
- ctrl + v makes link
- Scrollable Text Snippet
- This can be used for longer paragraphs of text you want to include in the form.
- This is best for waivers, terms & conditions, privacy information, or other registration information you wish to include.
What are the character limits on the Short Answer or Paragraph options?
All labels have a limit of 255 characters.
What are the specific functions of the URL and Email answer types (and how do they differ from Short Answer)?
URL and Email fields check that the value matches. URL values have to be valid URLs. Email values have to be valid emails.