Sending chapter newsletters
This article will outline how to send emails to chapter members.
Bevy gives local organizers the ability to quickly and easily communicate with your community members via newsletters. Sending emails are part of event marketing. Your community members want to hear about upcoming events. Stay in touch by announcing newly added events, send reminders leading up to an event, and thank attendees post event.*
- From the left sidebar of the Chapter Dashboard, select Emails and then New Email
- Select the appropriate audience and corresponding event that the audience is referring to. This event can be in the future or in the past.
- When selecting an audience (recipients) for your email, you'll have these options:
- Chapter Members: Sends to all subscribers
- People with event ticket: Sends only to those who have registered for a ticket
- Chapter members without event ticket: Sends only to subscribers without a ticket
- Attendees who checked in: Sends only to subscribers who were checked in
- Attendees who did not check in: Sends only to subscribers who did not check in
- People with event RSVP: Same audience as "People with event ticket"
- Chapter members without event RSVP: Same audience as "Chapter members without event ticket”
4. Format body text by highlighting the text. You can also drag and drop images or photos into the body
In the body of the message, Our emails have specific mentions that will replace themselves with specific details. In the message section of the email, you can type the following commands:
a. *|first_name|* or *|FNAME|* [for first name]
b. *|full_name|* [for full name]
c. *|last_name|* or *|LNAME|* [for last name]
5. Feature upcoming events in your newsletter, or click the X to remove them
6. Click Send as Test to send yourself a preview of the email to see what it looks like. To Preview the newsletter, click Save as Draft and then Preview
7. To send the email, click Schedule & Send, select whether to Send Immediately and click Send Now, or schedule for a future date and time and click Schedule
*The headquarters team for the company you organize events for might have established set automated emails. Please review your program guidelines to understand email best practices.