Create a new event
This article will outline the steps to create a new event in Bevy.
- Locate a chapter from within the dashboard and select Events from the left sidebar. Learn how to create chapters here.
- Click New Event and select an Event Type (if applicable)
- Fill out the appropriate fields:
a. Title and Description
- You can drag and drop photos to the event description
- Description text can be styled (bold, italic, etc.) by selecting a given word or text. Styling options will appear once a selection is made.
b. Schedule and Agenda
- If you are creating a Virtual Event be sure you have selected the Virtual Event Type
- Note: Using the Virtual Event Type allows you to include a virtual event link rather than a venue address.
d. Event Tracking (optional)
Note: The magic wand icon (pictured below) can be used to auto-populate previous event agenda, location, and ticket type data.
Frequently Asked Questions
What characters are not allowed in the event body?
The event editor body does not support the use of emoji characters.
Why is my event not showing up on the upcoming events page?
Check your chapter’s general settings to ensure the latitude and longitude fields are filled in correctly. See this article for more information on configuring your chapter settings.