Create a new event
This article will outline the steps to create a new event in Bevy.
- Locate a chapter from within the dashboard and select Events from the left sidebar. Learn how to create chapters here.
- Click New Event and select an Event Type (if applicable)
- Fill out the appropriate fields:
a. Title and Description
- You can drag and drop photos to the event description
- Description text can be styled (bold, italic, etc.) by selecting a given word or text. Styling options will appear once a selection is made.
- If applicable, add various People roles in Step 2. Learn more about Speaker Profiles here.
- Add Sponsors & Partners in Step 3.
- Add Tickets in Step 4.
- Select Publish, or Save Draft and Preview to preview the event before publishing
b. Schedule and Agenda
d. Event Tracking (optional)
Note: The magic wand icon (pictured below) can be used to auto-populate previous event agenda, location, and ticket type data.
Frequently Asked Questions
What characters are not allowed in the event body?
The event editor body does not support the use of emoji characters.
Why is my event not showing up on the upcoming events page?
Check your chapter’s general settings to ensure the latitude and longitude fields are filled in correctly. See this article for more information on configuring your chapter settings.